Media Hookup

Social Media for Sociable Media Folks

In a few weeks, Melissa Hayes and I will be heading back to our old college paper to run 3 workshops for newbie/wannabe journalists. We've got some ideas about what to discuss — mostly very typical introductory stuff. Could use some more.

What advice/tips/tricks do you wish someone had given you, lo those many years ago when you were just a newbie newsie? You know, aside from, "Get out now! Run! Run!"

There will be 3 workshops: news reporting, news writing, news editing. Anything that falls into one of those categories, even broadly, is helpful.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be downstairs having a chicken foca-cha-cha at Au Bon Pain!
Whaaaaa? You've got to come up and say hi. It can be like on Mr. Rogers, when surprise guest friends unexpectedly drop by.

Bumper DeJesus said:
I'll be downstairs having a chicken foca-cha-cha at Au Bon Pain!
Bumper! The office isn't in the student center anymore, it's on Mine Street, but you should totally wander over and offer your expertise!
If by "expertise" you mean "high jinks", then okay. When?

Melissa Hayes said:
Bumper! The office isn't in the student center anymore, it's on Mine Street, but you should totally wander over and offer your expertise!
Good question! I think we're starting at the un-Godly hour of 10 a.m. but will probably be there until 12ish. Unless Jess tells us differently, I think that's the game plan.

Bumper DeJesus said:
If by "expertise" you mean "high jinks", then okay. When?

Melissa Hayes said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2013   Created by Louis C. Hochman.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service